Yesterday I went to Pitti in Florence which is one of the biggest menswear events. 90% of the guys had chosen the dandy style and after five hours and more than 1000 photos I think that I know which are its distinctive elements.
Here is what you need to do if you want achieve the neat dandy look:
- Wear a panama hat
- Wear pants with ankle-lenght cropped cut
- Forget the socks and wear a manklet (male anklet)
- Layer with a gilet
- Grow a beard or French style moustache
- Use a lapel flower/pin
- Wear mirrored sunglasses
- Use a key ring chain with colorful stones to break the symmetry of the trousers
- Add a touch of sophistication with a mini foulard around yout neck
- Don’t be afraid to wear white
- Smoke a pipe, cigars, cigarettes (electronic is ok too) – of course I don’t suggest that you really do this, but apparenty holding something smoking in your hand is perceived as the ultimate must have accessory.
Check the pics below that prove the above written tips.
What do you think about the dandy style? Do you like it for you or your man?
Tomorrow I will upload the girl’s photos. Stay tuned <3
Thank you for reading.